4-year BS in Education
Teachers play an important role in bringing about remarkable changes in the lives of the children studying in the schools. Malir University recognizes the importance of education in developing and transforming societies and therefore it has established the Department of Education, which aims to provide quality modern education and promote the culture of critical thinking and futuristic outlook among the teachers. Since a knowledge-based, modern and prosperous society with respect for universal and humanistic values is not possible in the absence of visionary leaders, good thinkers and devoted teachers, Malir University is launching a quality undergraduate program in Education. The Program is designed to provide a broad spectrum that reflects the interdisciplinary nature of the subject and is primarily concerned with the introduction and study of key areas in the field of education. In addition, it will also offer some courses from related disciplines to broaden the thinking, perspective and vision of the students.
The BS Program in Education will be of four year duration and requires completion of 144 credit hours of course work including a thesis and 3 credit hours of internship of six weeks in a public or private sector school. In order to obtain the BS degree in 4 years, students will be required to take a load of eighteen credit hours (six courses) in each semester.
Later the University intends offering MS and M.Phil. degrees in Education due course of time.
- Intermediate with 45% marks including first year and A-Levels with minimum 3 passes
Objectives of the Program
The 4-Year BS degree in Education:
- Aims at improving all levels of education by ensuring achievement attainment targets and developing students’ learning skills in major subjects like English, Mathematics, Science and Information Technology.
- Will strengthen the competencies and capacities of the society at national and local levels by training and producing Education Managers capable enough to plan, monitor, account and perform managerial functions.
- Will help the learner to review the syllabi and the content taught to the students to meet the challenges of the changing times.
- Will adapt the learner to communicate and co-ordinate with various local and international bodies.
- Will help produce educators with modern knowledge well-equipped with written and oral communication skills and innovative thinking and critical temperament.
Outcomes of the Program
A graduate in Education will be able to:
- Analyze, evaluate and ensure that the procedures and practices of education system are meeting the requirements of international standards in their institutions.
- Facilitate the supportive educational provisions that can help the learnersto excel in their social and professional fields.
- Provide effective training to the faculty and supporting staff to improve their performance level.
- To help, assist and promote the culture of scientific teaching and research at the schools in particular.
- To play their crucial role in the task of knowledge building, nation building and transformation of society at local, national and international levels.
- SKILLED FACULTY
- HIGHEST RATED
- HEC RECOGNIZED
- ONLINE TRAINING
4-year BS in Education-Program Structure
4-year BS in Education-Program StructureTeaching of English, General Science, Mathematics and Computer
VICE CHANCELLOR MESSAGE
- The University has a commitment that no student shall be deprived of gaining education due to economic limitations or because of belonging to under-privileged classes or marginalized sections of society. We aim to render quality education which the students will treasure for the rest of their lives. I look forward to welcoming you to our diverse and vibrant higher education system.