All applicants are required to apply for admission to relevant programs on a prescribed from attached to this Prospectus. Duly filled-in form along with the following documents may be submitted at Malir University Main Campus at Koohi Goth, DehLandhi, NearManzil Pump Karachi or at the camp office, located at A-45, Kalaboard, Shahrah-e-Faisal, Malir Township, Karachi. Attested copies of the following documents must be attached:
- Matriculation /O Levels certificate with transcript/mark sheet
- Intermediate/A-Levels certificate with mark sheet
- In case the 2nd year/Part-II result is not yet declared, Higher Secondary School certificate (Part I)/A- level (first year) certificate with transcript/mark sheet.
- 2 Color Photographs (Passport size)
Note: Candidates who have obtained any certificate/diploma/degree from aboard (or equivalent examination), and wish to get admission at Malir University are required to produce an Equivalency Certificate, issued by relevant board/institute/university along with the above mentioned documents.
For BS in Medical Technology/Clinical Laboratory Science applicants should have completed:
- Higher Secondary School certificate (pre-medical/pre-engineering) with a minimum of 45% marks or A-Levels in science subjects with a minimum of 3 passes. The candidates should also obtain competitive score in University’s Admission test and qualify the panel interview.
- Higher Secondary School certificate (pre-medical/pre-engineering) with a minimum of 45% marks or ‘A’ Levels in science subjects with a minimum of 3 passes. The candidates should also obtain competitive score in University’s Admission test and qualify the panel interview.
For BS in Economics, Development Studies and Education should have completed
- Higher Secondary School certificate with a minimum of 45% marks
- The candidates should also obtain competitive score in University Admission test and qualify the panel interview.
Or A-Levels with a minimum of 3 passes
Entrance Test will be conducted at Main Malir University at Koohi Goth, Malir. Admit cards will be issued and dispatched to the candidate’s address a week before the entrance test through courier service. In case someone does not receive the admit card, he/she can contact the Director Admissions during week days from 11am to 4pm. The candidate may also reach through email at firstname.lastname@example.org or meet Director Admissions personally. The applicants should bring their admit cards on the test day along with original CNIC. Without admit card/CNIC, the candidates will not be allowed to appear in the entrance test.
Entrance Test scores will be valid only for the ongoing session of admission.
Applicants will be assessed for their language and analytical skills. Those who pass the written test in the following areas will be called for interview.
- Global intelligence IQ / EQ
- General knowledge
- Basic facility in English language
Interviews will be conducted to assess applicants’
- Attitude to learn
- Commitment to personal development and growth
- the level of maturity, and
- General perspective
Decision of successful applicants will be notified through a ‘list’ which will be placed on University’s website www.maliruniversity.edu.pk. SMS will also be sent to each student. The successful applicantswill be able to obtain their admission offer letter and other details from the Main Campus of the university at Koohi Goth, Malir, Karachi.
The selected applicants will be required to complete all admission formalities by the specified date, failing which their admission offer will stand cancelled. The vacancy shall then be filled by the next applicant on the merit list.
All enrolled students will have to pay the processing fee of Rs. 10,000 at the time of admission and Rs. 5,000 at the start of the subsequent three years of studies. Every student will be offered qarz-e-hasna, following the principle of payable, when able so that others can also be benefitted. This scheme would lessen the burden on students and their family.
Candidates who have received their ‘Admission Offer Letter’ will be required to immediately report to Main Campus Admission Office, or at MU Camp office at Kalaboard, Malir to collect the registration form, get it filled, submit the same to the office, pay the fee and obtain schedules and other documents relating to commencement of studies.
During the course of studies, each student will be issued enrollment card which will be returned to the university after completion of studies at MU.
Closing date of Admissions
Admissions in all categories will be closed after 15 (Fifteen) days of the commencement of academic session.
Scholarship and Financial Assistance
Each and every student admitted to any of the BS program will be given full scholarship by the university. The scholarship will be given under the Qarz-e-Hasna Scheme. Students are advised to keep abreast with the notices and important events of the University. The information will be provided notice board and university website www.maliruniversity.edu.pk
Rules and Regulations
- 75% attendance is mandatory to be eligible to sit in examination.
- Leave applications are not only necessary for the purpose of attendance but also for information about health and whereabouts of the student.
- Any student who remains absent for seven days or more from lectures, demonstrations or subject training without prior permission will not be able to continue the course.
- Leave applications must be submitted three days prior to the date of availing leave, except for emergency leave.
- The student must display the identity card, issued by the University, while in the premises of the University.
Cancellation of Admission
The University reserves the right to cancel admission of any student, if it is found that he/she had submitted false information/documents or who is found to be involved in any undesirable or illegal activities. If proven guilty, the fee paid by him/her will be forfeited and the University will have the right to take further action against the candidate as deemed fit.
At the time of admission, foreign nationals must submit a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the Ministry of Education, Government of Pakistan.
Current Academic Programs
Winter 2019 session is scheduled to commence from 1stJanuary 2019.